Tuesday 20 September 2016

Bed of Roses


My beautiful niece and god-daughter is getting married in less than two weeks.  Where did the time go, seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms and now she's all grown into a beautiful young woman - inside and out.

For this wedding card I had loads of inspiration from this CAS(E) this sketch.  I just loved the big bold ampersand and knew I had to incorporate it into my design.


I found this picture on my niece's FB page and thought it may have something to do with the invitations, which I still hadn't seen.  As I live on the other side of the world they didn't send it as I have had my flight booked for ages anyway (wouldn't miss it for the world).


I had bought a new rose die earlier that day and so I started cutting out roses of various shades of pink and cream.  

The ampersand I cut out with my Silhouette.  I cut 4 and stacked them to give some rigidity for the embossing and enamelling.  I started with a pink embossing powder, sprinkled a little WOW! Metalline Red and later some Sakura Tempera Powder (Pale Gold), interspersed with applications of UTEE to give layers of gold and pink.  Here's an attempt at catching the lovely gold and pinks.


I did the same with the C and B.  I used the WPlus9 Folk Art alphabet for these and again stacked up 4 of each to give them some body.  

I will also be entering this card in the following challenges

Anything Goes With Dies Monthly Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Clean and Simple

CAS-ual Fridays CFC#156

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave some feedback,
Kate

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! What a lovely wedding card!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous heart and the ampersand in the center is fabulous!Thanks for playing with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea! Love the heart and love how you made the ampersand in the center. You did a Beautiful job on this card! Thanks for playing with us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea! Love the heart and love how you made the ampersand in the center. You did a Beautiful job on this card! Thanks for playing with us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!