Saturday 3 September 2016

Fall Blessings


This card is for my son who made it home safely from South America on Thursday, despite tropical storm Hermine.  He said he had never been so afraid on an aeroplane than during the takeoff from Miami.

I have so many stamps and dies that I just had to have at the time but have not yet seen the light of day. Thank heaven for Darnell and her wonderful NBUS challenges.  This one is heading over to NBUS Challenge #7.  The leaves are from a very old Spellbinder die (one of the first I bought) but haven't been used as far as I can remember.  The sentiment is from WMS Blessed By You, which is also NBUS.  

It's also heading over to Timeout Challenge 65 where the inspiration this week is

“Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” 



It's also heading over to Cardz4Guyz Challenge 135 where the inspiration this week is 

Something Beginning with the letter 'F'


It's also heading over to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which have my favourite type of challenge -  Anything Goes



Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, love those leaves ,they look real

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves look like you went outside and picked them off a tree, Kate! So pleased to see a fall card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to say that we lived in Luxembourg for a very short time twice in the 1970's! I would love to return and see how it's changed - have fond memories of it and all the travelling we did with that being our base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those leaves look real! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous--I love your beautiful inking and those fantastic leaves. So glad your son made it home safe. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kate ... what fantastic leaves ... your colouring/smooshing is just so realistic ... just gorgeous and a fantastic card for your son's safe return home! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning, I adore your leaves, they look so real. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an authentic looking fall card. I love the look of the leaves in those colors. I've seen leaves that look exactly like that in our yard before. So glad you son made it home safely. That storm covered a huge portion of land and water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow, Kate, are you sure you didn't just go out in the backyard and pick up those leaves?!! They are the best I've ever seen! I love that you made this heartwarming card for your son and I'm so glad he made it home safely! Thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those leaves look so real! Thought you took some from your garden... Good that you used the dies; they realy make a beautiful card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats for getting HM at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is FAB autumn card! Congratulations to your win at TO Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm blown away by the realistic looks of your leaves, Kate. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your HM at Time Out Kate, with these beautiful leaves! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!